These chewy gluten free granola bars are not only easy to make and kid friendly... they only cost about 40 cents per bar.
- 2 Cups Rice Cereal
- 2 Cups Rolled Oats Gluten Free
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Cup Dried Fruit Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Almonds Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 1/2 Cup Brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup Peanut Butter Gluten Free
- Line a 9 by 13 pan with parchment or wax paper.
- Combine the cereal, oats, chocolate chips, dried fruit and almonds in a large bowl.
- Combine the honey, brown sugar and peanut butter in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave for two minutes, or until the peanut butter and brown sugar are completely dissolved. Stir after every 30 seconds.
- Pour the honey mixture over the oat mixture and stir to mix well. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Use your fingers or the bottom of a glass to press down on the granola bars. Allow to cool. Cut into bars.
Share this Recipe
I improvised a bit as I didn’t have any rice cereal or rolled oats, used 2 cups of a gluten free breakfast cereal I had plus added 2 thick gluten free rice crackers , the round ones and two skinny rice crackers large round ones. Probably could have a wee bit more sugar, honey mixture.