This simple cake is delicious as is. However, adding a few raspberries and a raspberry drizzle paired with a dark chocolate drizzle on the top makes it a take someplace to impress cake. My book club lunch menu: chicken salad, snow pea salad, and this beauty. Serve with a Cakebread Sauvignon Blanc when it’s warm and coffee with Disaronno Amaretto when it’s cold out. Or both if your book club is more club than book…
The blanched almonds worked well in this cake. The lemon peel imparts a little chewiness.
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup Sweet rice flour
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- Pinch fine sea salt
- 1 cup Light brown sugar packed, organic
- 5 Eggs medium, free-range organic
- 1/2 cup Cream cheese or substitute butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Yogurt organic plain or lemon yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh lemon juice
- 1 Lemon just the Lemon zest (fine grated peel) from 1 fresh lemon
- 1 tsp. bourbon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line the bottom of a 9-inch Spring form or cake pan with buttered parchment paper.
- In a bowl whisk together the almond flour, sweet rice flour, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt and sugar.
- Beat the eggs in separate large mixing bowl until they are light and foamy. Beat in the cream cheese and yogurt until combined.
- Add in the lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla; beat to combine.
- Add in the flour mixture a bit at a time and beat on medium speed for a minute or two.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan. Bake in the center of the oven for about 40 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center of the cake emerges clean.
- 7.Cool on a wire rack; and release from the pan. Dust with powdered sugar.
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply