It’s worth keeping GF Kinnick Toos around (they freeze well) so you can throw this recipe together in a hurry and look like you worked on it pretty hard. It’s actually a breeze to make and is a great option to help your family stay Gluten Free and not feel deprived– and not make you nuts! (Tip: If you have a kid between 8 and 38 they can make this independently.)
This dessert is so simple and it takes maybe 5 minutes to prepare. To make it even easier you can forgo whipping the cream and substitute an 8 ounce tub of Cool Whip and if you want to reduce the fat and calories, use fat free Cool Whip and low fat cream cheese. The cheesecakes are ready to eat after just a few minutes in the fridge or you can even make them up to a day ahead.
- 21 Kinnitoos GF Oreo like sandwich cookie. Most grovers or Amazon carries
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 8 ounce Cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Place paper liners in the cups of a standard muffin pan (12 cups). Take 3 of the cookies, cut them in quarters for garnish and set aside. Place 12 cookies in a plastic freezer bag and pound them with a rolling pin until they turn into fine crumbs. Divide the crumbs among the muffin cups and press down firmly and evenly. Place the remaining cookies in the bag and break them up so that there are bigger pieces of cookie as well as some crumbs.
- Whip the cream on high speed until stiff peaks form with a hand held mixer. Place the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in a large mixing bowl and beat on high speed until smooth and well blended. Fold in the whipped cream and the crushed cookie pieces. Spoon the mixture into the muffin cups. Place one of the quartered cookies on top of each cheesecake. Refrigerate until serving, at least 5 minutes, up to a day ahead.
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply